Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org; 1-514-839-8264.
This class is also available in French.
Indian cuisine has the most vegan options in the world. Made with varied, plant-based ingredients – vegetables, lentils, beans, sprouts, grains, bean and grain flours, nuts and dry fruits, and of course SPICES — Indian vegan = a balanced, delicious diet.
Learn vegan dishes from all over India at my Indian cooking school, Slurrrrp! Miaaaam! Regional foods from Southern, Western and Eastern India, & North Indian dishes found in restaurants in the West — we can do it all! Plus veganized versions of dishes, like Vegan Butter Chicken Sauce with chickpeas and mushrooms.
A no-fuss, budget & health-conscious teacher, I use local ingredients like Kale and Broccoli. I never compromise on taste. A Bombay gal, born into a vegetarian family (my grandmother did not allow eggs in our house), I now live in Montreal, Canada.
Time & cost: In this 3-hour, real-time, personalized class we will cook 3 recipes. Cost is $100 for one place (no matter how many people participate there). For more than one place it’s $75 per place for up to 4 places. Tax is included in these prices. Beyond 4 spots, I find that interaction and feedback online is less smooth.
Contact me to discuss other class formats and sizes; for e.g., a shorter, demo class for a group or company. I do these as well. Contact info. at the top of this page.
Check out ratings and recommendations on my Facebook page.
Note: I also teach vegetarian Indian and the reccos are for both types of classes.
How it works:
- You check out the menus and choose a pre-designed menu, or mix and match and decide on 3 dishes.
- You tell me by email or phone what you want to learn, and we decide on a date & time. It’s important to tell me if you have any food allergies/intolerances so I can make sure we make dishes that are safe for you.
- You pay me the full amount for the class by interac e-transfer at the above e-mail.
- I send you the recipes and you buy the ingredients. Plan ahead (a couple of weeks) so you have time to buy the spices. Most North Indian spices are available in Western stores. For other spices you will need to shop at an Indian grocery (fun!) or order online. I can suggest but not guarantee online places.
- A couple of days before the class you’ll get a what to prep email and an online link for the class. Most of the cooking is done during class, but depending on what you choose, there may be some prep.
- We meet up online and I guide you step-by-step. My camera is focused on sizzling spices and flavour-filled pots! At the end you have a meal ready & recipes you can use forever. You also get the chance to ask questions about anything related to Indian vegan.
Looking forward to meeting you. Namaste!