Indian cuisine has the most vegetarian options in the world. Indian vegetarian = a balanced, delicious diet.
Learn vegetarian dishes from all over India: classic curries, typical dishes found in restaurants in the West which are from North India; street food, and regional foods from Southern, Western and Eastern India. The menus are no-fuss, budget-conscious & healthy, and I use local ingredients like Kale and Broccoli. I never compromise on taste. And this is what the food looks like!
Good News: Indian spices you buy will keep for a year and you can sprinkle them on other foods too and have fun.
Time & Cost: You’ll learn 2 dishes and get a 3rd one to make on your own, in a 2-2.5 hour class. *The prices below include taxes.
- Cost is $100 Canadian* for one location (only 2 people can participate from one location)
- $75 per location if people book a private class from two or more locations.
- Maximum possible locations per class: 4
Special Family Rates: $150 for a family of 4 (parents and children/teens) at one location.
*Calculate the equivalent in your country currency for Europe, US, etc.
Please contact me to discuss cooking demos or other class formats and sizes.
2. First we decide on a date & time by email and then you tell me by email what you want to learn (pick a 3 dish menu). These days I am available only on Sunday afternoons. It’s very important to tell me if you have any food allergies/intolerances so I can make sure we make dishes that are safe for you.
3. Once you pay me the full amount for the class by interac e-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org then I will send you the recipes for two dishes we will make.
People outside Canada will need to pay using PayPal and we will split the transfer fees. You can use a credit card with PayPal.
4. Once you have the recipes you will buy the ingredients for the class, including the spices. The recipes of course list all the ingredients. Please plan ahead (a week or so at least) for the time to buy the spices. Spices for North Indian menus are available in large, Western food stores. For other spices you will need to shop at an Indian grocery (a discovery!) or order online. I can suggest a good, online, Indian grocery for Canada. Factor in time to order online.
5. One or two days before the class you’ll get a what to prepare email and a Zoom link for the class. Most of the chopping and cooking is done during class, but depending on what you choose, there may be some preparation. No special equipment is usually needed. Though you may need a steamer, or a food processor a rolling pin/roller depending on the recipes you choose.
6. We will meet up online and I will guide you step-by-step. My camera is focused on sizzling spices and flavour-filled pots! At the end you have a meal ready & recipes you can use forever. You also get the chance to ask questions about anything related to Indian cuisine. And I will send you that 3rd recipe as well. (Feel free to enjoy some wine or beer as you cook!)
Refund policy, very important, please read carefully: Full refund if you cancel 48 hours before class with $10 per location deducted for administration fees, or you can set another date for the class with the same menu.
Check out ratings and recommendations on my Facebook page.
Looking forward to meeting you. Namaste!