These are standard menus for private classes. Contact me to discuss options (vegan, gluten-free, things you would like to learn, etc). List of desserts at the end.
Class price may vary a bit depending on what you choose given the differing prices of different ingredients.
*Cumin Pulao (rice dish with spices and veggies) or Naan
*Chickpeas in Butter Chicken Sauce (add ingredients you want to this sauce at home)
*Cucumber or some other Raita (Salad with yogurt)
Or instead of Chickpeas in Butter Chicken Sauce & Cucumber Raita choose 2 from:
*Dal (Lentil) Soup *Bhaji/Bhajia (vegetable-chickpeas flour fritters), *Alu-Gobi (Potato-Cauliflower) *Chana Masala, spicy chickpea curry *Saag-Paneer, (a curry with leafy green vegetables) We can add cheese or tofu *Mango Lassi *Baigan Bharta (Eggplant salad), *Veg. Korma *A Mixed Veg. & Paneer Curry *Stuffed Green Peppers *Masala Chai (tea) *A Dessert
Indian Regional Mix:
Explore Indian regional cuisine & different spice mixes.
* A dal (lentil dish) or a bean dish, with North Indian style Garam Masala
* A veg dish, South Indian style, with Madras Curry Powder
* A chutney or salad or dessert, from Veena’s table. Served with Basmati Rice.
Southern Flavours: Less well-know here, but must try!
* Sambar, South Indian spicy lentils with veggies, Madras curry powder & tamarind
* South Indian style veggie with shredded coconut, asafoetida and mustard seeds
* Tomato/Coconut Chutney. With Basmati rice.
Go South, stay South!
*Chana Dal Wadas, yummy lentil fritters with real curry leaves in them, plus other stuff
*Veggies in flavourful Coconut milk curry
*Lemon Rice, or Basmati rice & Amazing Flaxseed Chutney from Veena’s Table
FUN WITH BAKED SAMOSAS: Baked samosas with standard filling (Potato-Chickpea) or peas & spice filling from my region, or Kale, an innovation, including sweet samosas stuffed with coconut flakes! Cut the calories, retain the flavour.
CELEBRATING BOMBAY STREET FOOD
* Misaal, spicy bean stew layered with potato, tomato, onion, yogurt (optional) and
* Two chutneys, tamarind and coriander
* Shallow fried bananas with coconut and cardamom or Indian Rice Pudding
*Bhaji/Bhajias as a starter
*Pav Bhaji, spicy, veggie spread with special masala (spice mix) served on buttery buns
*Washed down with a Sweet Lassi or Masala Chai ( spice tea)
Khichari: rice and lentil dish with spices and veggies with a dollop of ghee, Indian clarified butter
Kadhi: A yogurt soup with chickpea flour, spices and veggies
Papadum with toppings & Indian pickles
SOMETHING DIFFERENT: Fast, Anytime Indian from Veena’s table
* Pohe, flavourful flat rice dish with veggies and nuts
* Chickpea & rice flour pancakes with veggies served with
* Coriander Chutney
* And a surprise sweet treat
Desserts not already in the above menus are *Semolina Halwa, *Carrot Halwa, *Zucchini Halwa, *Kheer: Vermicelli Pudding, *Mishti Dohi: Cooked Yogurt from Bengal, *Sago Payasam: Tapioca Pudding, *Stuffed dates